Hyderabad: Senior Congress leader and former MLA Marri Shashidhar Reddy Monday welcomed the Centre’s decision to drop the provision of mandatory teaching of Hindi in non-Hindi speaking states in the revised draft education policy. “No doubt that the three language policy has been enunciated long back. But, it was almost given up. Recalling the long anti-Hindi agitation that was witnessed particularly in Tamil Nadu, now, for that to find a place in 2019 in draft education policy, was something which was not necessary,” he said. Also Read – Pak activated 20 terror camps & 20 launch pads along LoCThe knowledge of English gave a headstart to Indians in the IT sector, while the Chinese struggled to learn English, he said. If a student feels that a certain language would help him, he would choose it but no language should be imposed, he said. Organisations like the Dakshin Bharat Hindi Prachar Sabha, which actively spread Hindi in the southern states, should be strengthened, Reddy, a former vice-chairman of National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA), said. The Centre on Monday dropped the contentious provision of mandatory teaching of Hindi in non-Hindi speaking states, as it issued a revised draft education policy amid outrage over its earlier suggestion. The DMK and other parties in Tamil Nadu had strongly opposed the three-language formula in the draft National Education Policy.
After judges sided with him at the Court of Appeal on Tuesday, placing a ban on naming him in Wednesday’s paper, speculation has been rife as to the identity of the alleged perpetrator. A well-known socialite writing anonymously in today’s Telegraph described how she was groped under her skirt by a man she believed to be the unnamed businessman when she was at a party with her partner.The gagging order has left politicians angry and the Prime Minister was challenged to act in the Commons by the Labour MP Jess Phillips who said: “It seems that our laws allow rich and powerful men to pretty much do whatever they want as long as they can pay to keep it quiet.”She said the law around NDAs “needs more teeth and it needs to happen quickly. We are a year on from MeToo and nothing has changed”, she said. Other MPs and campaigners also spoke out against the sue of gagging orders in sexual harassment cases.Zelda Perkins, Harvey Weinstein’s former assistant who dramatically broke a NDA to expose sexual harassment, said that NDAs were being used “unethically”. “They are being used to bully employers and bully the press,” she added. Want the best of The Telegraph direct to your email and WhatsApp? Sign up to our free twice-daily Front Page newsletter and new audio briefings. Earlier this week, this newspaper revealed that a businessman used non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) to silence and pay off at least five members of staff who accused him of sexual assault and racism. Lord Sugar has hit back at the “trolls” who linked him to The Telegraph’s Me Too investigation into a British businessman who has gagged this newspaper from publishing allegations of sexual assault made against him. The Apprentice host, 71, took to Twitter to say he did not know who the man at the centre of the scandal was, other than it was not him. He said: “To all those t—-r trolls associating me with the Daily Telegraph injunction by a celeb. I have no idea who that person is, but I certainly know it is not me.”Duncan Bannatyne, 69, also responded to a message on Twitter referring to the story saying he “seems the sort”.The Dragon’s Den panelist said he could “safely say” it wasn’t him, and added in another post: “How can one man hide behind anonymity whilst others can’t?”This newspaper is unable to name the businessman or other details that might identify him following an injunction by the Court of Appeal.He has spent close to £500,000 on a team of at least seven lawyers to persuade the Court of Appeal to injunct The Telegraph.