Chelsea youngster Callum Hudson-Odoi was the “only” player Bayern Munich wanted to sign in January, according to club CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.Bayern made no secret of their desire to sign Hudson-Odoi, with the 18-year-old winger reportedly frustrated by a lack of opportunities for Chelsea in the Premier League.An Under-17 World Cup winner with England in 2017, Hudson-Odoi is very highly rated by Chelsea and they are said to have rebuffed several bids for him from Bayern. Article continues below Editors’ Picks ‘There is no creativity’ – Can Solskjaer get Man Utd scoring freely again? ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? The final offer Bayern are reported to have lodged was worth around £35 million ($46m), but Chelsea have dug their heels in regarding any deal, adamant he will not be leaving.Maurizio Sarri said he had been assured the club would not approve a sale of Hudson-Odoi, and as such Bayern sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic has been left disappointed.Speaking at a news conference on Thursday, Rummenigge said: “The only one Hasan would have liked to buy was this player [Hudson-Odoi] from Chelsea.”I have to say that he nearly fell in love with this player and his qualities. All the other things [stories about transfer links with other players] were rumours.”We don’t have any demand on these positions for the second half of the season. This is a topic for the future. We’ll handle it in the next months and will decide.”I won’t deny that they [Chelsea] didn’t like this so much [Bayern’s open pursuit of Hudson-Odoi], but don’t forget that you have to give a signal to the young player [that you want him].”There was no personal contact with the player because this is not permitted. I think that was noticed. The player had to have a signal that Bayern is standing completely behind him.”5 – Callum Hudson-Odoi has been directly involved in five goals in his last five starts for Chelsea in all competitions (2 goals, 3 assists). Talent. #CHESHW pic.twitter.com/2Dd4qlfIzy — OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) January 27, 2019 Rummenigge added that with the United Kingdom’s messy exit from the European Union to come, that political context could have more implication for the nation’s players.”I think the English are just finding out that the young players like Sancho in Dortmund or Reiss Nelson in Hoffenheim certainly have qualities that you can use in your own country,” he explained.”Now you have to wait and see how the Brexit affects English football. There are still transfers to be expected. So I think the English are more likely to try and close the door. ” And the CEO was ambiguous on the future of James Rodriguez, while making clear his admiration for the unsettled Colombian. “Basically, this is a super player with perhaps the best left foot in the entire Bundesliga. He proved that, especially in the last year in the second half of the season under Jupp Heynckes. We all wish James regularly on the pitch, but that’s what the coach has to decide whom to trust,” Rummenigge said. “I have to say honestly, I really like the player. We all know in the club what he has for qualities. However, at the end of the day it is also important that this is the best decision for him and for us. As stated, I come out as a big fan of James.”Earlier on Thursday, the club chief had revealed that with their interest in Hudson-Odoi thwarted, Bayern would not be making any further moves in the January window.”I spoke to Hasan [Salihamidzic] at 15.30, to ask if we will do anything. He answered ‘no’,” he stated.”Even without Hudson-Odoi we now have five wingers, so we can get through to the end of the season.”
the fund applies to eligible costs such as labour, goods or services purchased from a Nova Scotia–based supplier when an application is approved, NSBI issues a commitment letter which can be used for bank financing. When the applicant enters the official incentive agreement, the agreement can also be used for the financing process once a production is approved for a funding commitment, the funds are placed in reserve when the production is complete the applicant submits a final claim to NSBI for processing and disbursement all applications and claims are processed and approved by NSBI To learn more about the application process, eligible costs and guidelines, go to Nova Scotia Film and Television Production Incentive Fund at www.nsbi.ca. Quick facts: Nova Scotia Business Inc. (NSBI) has announced six newly approved productions through the Nova Scotia Film and Television Production Incentive Fund today, Sept. 25. A TV series, Stand & Deliver, produced by Winter Light Productions Limited, has been approved for a funding commitment of $220,100 based on eligible Nova Scotia expenditure of $710,000. A TV series, Haunted II, produced by Winter Light Productions Limited, has been approved for a funding commitment of $243,200 based on eligible Nova Scotia expenditure of $760,000. A documentary, Afghanistan – The Exit Interviews, produced by Exit Interview Productions Inc., has been approved for a funding commitment of $142,335 based on eligible Nova Scotia expenditure of $482,490. A TV series, City Farmers – Urban Homesteading, produced by City Chicken Productions Inc., has been approved for a funding commitment of $151,562 based on eligible Nova Scotia expenditure of $505,206. A TV series, Field to Fork, produced by Clerisy Farm Productions Inc., has been approved for a funding commitment of $161,574 based on eligible Nova Scotia expenditure of $521,207. A documentary, Two Lives, Four Strings, produced by Four Strings Productions Inc., has been approved for a funding commitment of $146,054 based on eligible Nova Scotia expenditure of $471,143. More details about productions approved for incentives through the Nova Scotia Film and Television Production Incentive Fund are available on the NSBI website at www.nsbi.ca/filmfunding.
The Church of England has called on parliamentary candidates not to “exploit the faith” of their opponents during the General Election. In a joint letter the Archbishops of Canterbury and York told Church of England members that “the religious faith of any election candidate should not be treated by opponents as a vulnerability to be exploited”. The letter said: “We look forward to a media and political climate where all candidates can feel confident that they can be open about the impact of their faith on their vocation to public service.”Last month Liberal Democrat leader Tim Farron, who is an evangelical Christian, was questioned on his views about homosexuality on Channel 4 News, and refused to clarify his position on whether gay sex was a sin. Last week he told the BBC: “I don’t believe gay sex is a sin.“I take the view that as a political leader though my job is not to pontificate on theological matters.”The Archbishops also alluded to concerns about immigration. The letter said: “Offering a generous and hospitable welcome to refugees and migrants is a vital expression of our common humanity, but it is not without cost and we should not be deaf to the legitimate concerns that have been expressed about the scale of population flows and the differential impact it has on different parts of society.” Want the best of The Telegraph direct to your email and WhatsApp? Sign up to our free twice-daily Front Page newsletter and new audio briefings. In 2015 the Archbishops’ letter was criticised by Conservative MP Nadine Dorries for a message which she said was “left-wing leaning”.The letter condemned inequality as “evil” and said Britain had been “dominated” by “rampant consumerism and individualism” since the Thatcher era. This year’s message celebrates “marriage, the family and the household” as “foundations for a good society” and encourages Christians to “set aside apathy and cynicism and to participate, and encourage others to do the same.” They also said religion may have the answer to the growing threat of extremism, adding that politicians “must also recognise that solutions will not be found simply in further secularisation of the public realm. Mainstream religious communities have a central role to play.”